Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Saturday 21 December 2013

Handmade Christmas

Penguin power!

Last Friday I put on that jumper (it was Save the Children's Christmas Jumper Day! Did you get involved? I saw a lot of people rocking awesome holiday knitwear that day)...


I packed my hook and yarn, got on the train and went here...


Yup, Handmade Christmas at London's 02! A Christmas market packed full of British handmade goodies, and only handmade goodies. I got my granny square on, helping out at a crochet workshop in the afternoon, had a much-needed cuppa, and then went to explore! There was a lot of amazing stuff, and once again I took some embarrassingly poor quality pics of a few things. Wanna see?


Pretty paper things


Delicious knitted lambswool creations from Catherine Tough. I love their colour palette. And those pom-poms, man.


Munki Make's feltie creatures


Scrabble, Lego, need I say more?


Books from beer mats, like you do.


Also, I didn't get a snap of their stall, but Ashanti Lou's brilliantly bonkers couture shoes were stunning. Seriously, there was a jungle pair with a lizard crawling up the heel. I mean, what?! Plus, the Ashanti Lou ladies were super-friendly. 

I live far enough away from London that's it's still pretty exciting to go there. That's normal, right? By far the coolest, non-handmade thing that happened while I was there was that I heard Two Door Cinema Club warming up for their gig that evening - genius!

I'd already done most of my Christmas shopping and making, but I did snap up a couple of gorgeous typewriter notebooks from Blank Inside. Have you been to any craft fairs this year? What goodies have you been making for Christmas?


No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...