Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Sunday 1 December 2013

Christmas DIY: easy knitted heart



Hey yarn lovers!

While I'm beavering away with top secret Christmas craft projects (may have to scale down the making and scale up the shopping) I thought it might be fun to share a bit of a how-to with you for one of last year's festive makes - the i-cord heart decorations.

You need some cream DK yarn (or a colour of your choice), two 4mm double-pointed needles, baker's twine and some gardening wire.

Cast on 4 stitches and work an i-cord for approx 20cms.
Need a hand with i-cord? Check out handy thingy this on the Purl Bee. Cast off and weave in ends.

Cut a length of the wire approx 25cms long. Thread the wire carefully inside your i-cord. Bend the wired cord into a heart shape. As I made more of them, I found it was actually best to have the two ends meet at the bottom of the heart rather than the top. Twist the two wire ends together to fasten.
Trim off any sharp ends.

Chop a bit of baker's twine or fancy pants ribbon, attach it to the top of your heart to form a loop. You're done! Repeat as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...