Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Monday 28 January 2013

I'm hooked

ce n'est pas une tricoteuse

I've just entered the third week of my new job.  Hurrah!  I'm thoroughly enjoying the new creative challenges, and spend most of my time surrounded by considerably more yarny goodies than you could shake a very long stick at.  As a result of this full time role, however, I find myself actually doing very little knitting.  The Chap's Totoro Hat remains on hiatus, and my other needles sit together in their jar, forlornly bare and bereft of yarn.  

But wait!  All craft is not lost, I have started learning to crochet!     

My latest foray into crochet

That's right, folks.  Though I've heard that yarn crafters seem to favour one or the other, it is possible to be both a knitter and a crocheter!  I love how immediate the results are - you can see your crochet growing so quickly.  It's also great to have less stitches to deal with at any one time, no more worries about dropping stitches and whole projects unravelling in bags.  In short, I'm hooked.

Do any seasoned crocheters out there have some hints for a beginner?

Just one more thing to share.  In my internet based crochet rambles I've come across something excellent.  Namely, my newest blog crush - One Sheepish Girl!  Seriously, were it possible I would pack up my hook and needles and teabags, crawl slowly through the screen and take up residence in this blog.  Yarn lover Meredith blogs all things knit, crochet and craft.  With beautiful photographs, quirky projects and honest writing, if this doesn't make you seize the nearest ball of yarn, I don't know what will.  

2 comments:

  1. Awh Becca! Its so lovely to see your face, in moving form! The crocheting looks amazing, I'm hoping to have a go myself at some point! Hope you're well my dear xxx Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Crochet is good :) I think this might be the year I go in the opposite direction to you and learn to knit seriously.
    Attic 24 and Bunny Mummy both have nice colourful tutorials.

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...