Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Thursday 23 August 2012

craft guilt and hitting snooze

Convinced I would have the best dreams were this my bed!  It's from this post.  

I must admit, I'm in a bit of creative rut and am really struggling to finish anything.  I'm working full time.  Now that I'm focussed on one thing instead of juggling three, why has crafting fallen by the wayside?  I'm trying to figure out how I can max out the time between crawling out of bed and crawling back into it.  I even attempted my first ever run the other day.  Things are getting serious.  

What's the secret, ladies?  Do I need to just sometimes be okay with the neglected embroidery, the unwritten stories and half-finished blanket?  Perhaps they'll be better in their own sweet time anyway.  

How do you deal with craft guilt, and make time for making? 

2 comments:

  1. I've had crafter's block before... Especially when I've been busy or am just exhausted, I just don't have the motivation to make. But it has always come back. I think usually I try something new and that gets me back into things or I just have to get over it and just take a break from making anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to tell yourself not to feel guilty! If it's something you do for pleasure, feeling guilty for not doing it is a bit mad :) I struggle with finishing things - I think I personally need to learn to do one thing at once and do it well, but it sounds like you could do with telling yourself you can just pick up your knitting for ten minutes rather than needing vast swathes of time. I often crochet while waiting for supper to cook.

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...