Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Friday 15 July 2011

brides and parenthesis


I've mostly been work work working, busting my little regency posterior to earn an honest crust, but a few weeks ago I escaped!  I went to -

1. Devon, apparantly the least rainly place in the UK (it rained). Lovely time with bf and his fam.  This of course involved beach (chips, suncream, bury bf and turn him into mermaid) and picnic (accosted by overly forward duck couple)  Returned with a cache of jewellery bits including a string of pearls, a lovely battered locket and a prickly star necklace - hooray, stash ahoy!

2. The wedding.  A friend of ours got wed.  T'was romantic and magical.  More weddings please!  People are getting hitched left right and centre at the moment aren't they?   

Must briefly pause here to comment on Kate Moss' beautiful bridal look, courtesy of Galliano.  Lovely floaty bias cut dress, that is ever so slightly Rita Hayworth?  Love the peacock detail.  And both her and Lily Allen went for a vintage-esque veil - nice. 


In other news - if ethical fashion's your thing, check out SIX Magazine! P.S. There may be a little beauty piece in this issue by yours truly (there is).   

Where have you been escaping to this summer?

2 comments:

  1. i just dyslexic failed and switched the first letters of forward and duck, leaving me horrified both at the behavior of this couple and your sudden slide into foul language. x

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...