Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Tuesday 24 April 2018

crochet wedding cake toppers



Love and marriage, cake and crochet – it all just kinda makes sense, doesn't it? 

So I'm breezing back in with another ta-da moment, this time something completely new. Back in January I was given the most beautiful little skein of blue Namolio linen thread (if you've never stitched with it, you need to get yours hands on some!) and commissioned to design some wedding cake toppers for Simply Crochet magazine. The theme was a burlap and lace look wedding decor set-up to chime in with the royal wedding excitement this spring. 

It was a perfect fit as I'd actually been pondering designing cake toppers for To Be Adorned. Right away I imagined a trio of little lacy crochet hearts on stalks, topping an icing-slathered cake. Cue some fun experimenting with my trusty 3mm hook, and this is what I came up with!



That Namolio thread blocks like an absolute dream, and check out those tiny picots!
Needless to say, I'm over the moon with how the team styled and photographed the whole collection (the other designers whipped up the loveliest wedding decoration bits), but have all the heart eyes for this shot. Want a closer look?


The pattern for my crochet heart wedding cake toppers is in Simply Crochet issue 70, out now! I kinda wish I'd made these for our wedding, though the pompom garland was a winner on the day. I'm also a huge fan of the really kitsch retro ones too. Are cake toppers your thing? 
What did you have on your cake? 

All cake topper photographs by Simply Crochet

1 comment:

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...