Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Thursday 14 December 2017

Bee My Baby blanket



Poised for a ta-da moment?

I started making this honeycomb hexie blanket what feels like absolute yonks ago and I'm over the moon to be able to share it with you at long last! This is my second ever crochet blanket design and, due to my love of both bees and the colour yellow, it's an instant fave.  



After finding the ultimate grellow palette in DROPS' Cotton Merino range, I got hooking. A little bit of maths was required, to figure out how many hexies I'd need in each colour to make one big hexagon. This yarn is an absolute winner - super soft and really good stitch definition. I've been using the leftovers to make cute baby bootees. 

Many, many hexies later and the blanket was complete. My favourite bit was creating the little daisies and the bees with their flappy wings! And, not only am I chuffed with it, but pattern is in Simply Crochet issue 65

I'm hoping to be able to give my finished bee blanket sample to a special new tiny one in the fam soon! Not bad for the last FO of the year, I reckon. What's been your fave 2018 make? 




1 comment:

  1. You've crocheted this in a great color palette. I like the whole bee hive theme. I haven't had many yarny FO's this year. However, I guess I have two favorites: 1. My LBK Christmas Eve 2016 Fraternal Twins socks & 2. my Ravellenic Games 2016 Beanie. The socks were knit in New Zealand possum yarn - Cozi by Zealana - and the pattern I used was Susan B. Anderson's Smooth Operator Socks. My beanie was knit in Malabrigo Arroyo and I used Carol E. Herman's The Wayfarer Hat pattern.

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...