Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Monday 27 April 2015

Gratitude




Sometimes you need a bit of distance to see what's right in front of your face. 

A trip back to the seaside this weekend, to see my parents, some old friends and get back to church, definitely gave me some much-needed perspective. Instead of getting bogged down and stressed out with work stuff, our moving plans, making things, comparing myself to others and otherwise being a pretty grumpy so-and-so, I need to recognise and be thankful for the many blessings in my life, and to love and cherish the people in it. Don't get me wrong, creative goals are fantastic. It's utterly brilliant to learn new things, overcome fresh challenges and achieve the things you set out to do, but for me, I need to just check what my motives are and make sure my heart is in the right place. 

This is my fourth and final post as part of A Playful Day's Love Your Blog challenge. It's been a wonderful month of connecting with new bloggers in different ways (*waves* Hello, new readers and commenters! Thanks so much for coming, it's been lovely getting to know you. Long may it continue!) and getting back to a point where I'm enjoying writing again, feel much more inspired and a little bit braver about sharing. Becca? Blogging every week? Who'd a thunk it? It's been far more managable and enjoyable than I anticipated, and I no longer feel like I'm just going through the motions. 
How have you found it? What are you feeling grateful for? I'm off for a good read! 

4 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blog series. I was too late to join in, but I may use the topics for inspiration in the future.

    I'm glad you were able to take some time off to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadia, it has definitely helped. I;d never done anything like this challenge before, but it's made a real difference to my blogging. Will be keeping my eyes peeled for similar things I can get involved with in the future! :) x

      Delete
  2. I totally agree, getting away from it all does help to out things back into perspective. I've enjoyed the month of blogging too and feel inspired to continue... I will keep an eye on your blog too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill, It was just what I needed and was the perfect timing for the Gratitude theme! I hope to keep gratitude at the forefront of my mind! :) x

      Delete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...