Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Tuesday 25 March 2014

one yarny weekend



Not last weekend but the one one before, I packed my little red backpack and headed off to London. Who else went to the Knitting and Stitching show at Olympia? I helped out with some yarny workshops again, but did manage a quick dash round as well. Here's what I spied. 











What were your highlights? Did you pick up any treats? More importantly, did you see those felted mermaid merkins? (PLEASE tell me I did not imagine those). If I hadn't been working, I think I would have hung out in the Wilderness area with the magical spinning rainbow yarn wheel and the yarn bombed chairs.

My real weekend treat was that I got to spend the rest of the weekend with my gorgeous sis who lives in London. We spent a gloriously sunny Sunday popping to church and eating Lebanese food. Awesome.  Plus, she had a big ol' bag of yummy yarn for me. We went halvsies on it - I nabbed some sunset-coloured sock yarn and pretty pinks for the blanket, and she picked her favourites. I've promised to teach her to knit next time we're together.

Most exciting news - I've finally finished the back of the orange jumper! Hope you've been having splendidly sunny and yarny weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...