Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Thursday 22 August 2013

the summer of making: knit words & comic book confetti

It's the Mr Men socks that make it, I think.

Hello all!

I thought I'd share a couple of things I've been working on. Aside from crocheting like a mad woman and spending every spare moment reading The Chap's essays (he's not quite escaped studentdom yet), I've been preparing other crafty bits for the wedding. Pom poms aside, I think these two simple ideas might be my favourites so far - knitted wire words and comic book confetti.  


Back when I was in the throes of my romance with i-cord (remember this post?), I knitted up this little treasure. It looks really effective, but was so easy to do! With some DK yarn and two double-pointed needles, I just knitted an i-cord until it was long enough to spell out L-O-V-E (other words and phrases also rock). Then, I cut a piece of galvanised gardening wire (from a hardware store near you) a little longer than the cord, carefully threaded it through, bending back the sharp points on either end. Then I bent the wire to 'write' the word. I copied my own handwriting, so it looks like I wrote in yarn!

Meredith at One Sheepish Girl recently made a super-cool i-cord ampersand and shared a tutorial for it - check it out!  

When punching is the right thing to do.

Words are my thing and he loves comic books (ahem, graphic novels) so this one was a bit of a no-brainer, really. All we needed were some old books and comics that we could bear to part with and a wee heart hole punch. Love it. The punching continues. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...