Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Friday 2 November 2012

knitstagram


I've been slowly but steadily getting my knit on, with some delicious Noro and Louisa Harding yarn.  Here are my knits of the moment in all their fuzzy, instagrammy glory.

Wool Week and a new pair of needles were a great motivation to get excited about knitting again, but now I'm in some kind of moss stitch rut!  Time to take on new knit challenges.

This month I plan to:

1.  Knit in the round.  I have never knitted in the round, it simply does not compute in my head. How do you join?  Which needle do you use when and where? How many needles will I need?  Won't I get lost? Je ne comprends pas.  
One of my colleagues is halfway through a beautiful cabled sock.  She advised that the only way to get your head round working in the round it is to give it a go.  

2.  Block the lace trim bonnet.  Blocking - another essential stage of the knit process I have yet to attempt.  There, I said it.  I'm a fraud!

3.  Get my Movember knit on.  Being a female lady girl, it is not socially acceptable, or indeed possible, for me to grow an impressive gentleman moustache.  The Chap was going to grow a mo', but his place of work wouldn't allow it.  I intend to stick it to the man and knit a pair of His and Hers 'taches.  

Any thoughts/purls of wisdom, knitters?


I like how the stitches look like little x kisses!


Those colours!  Gah! 
All patterns on Ravelry. 
 I'm beccamathilde on Ravelry and Instagram.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...