Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Tuesday 12 June 2012

rainy days and F. Scott Fitzgerald



"Three British nannies sat knitting the slow pattern of Victorian England, the pattern of the forties, the sixties, and the eighties, into sweaters, socks, to the tune of gossip as formulated as incantation; closer to the sea a dozen persons kept house under striped umbrellas, while their dozen children pursued unintimidated fish through the shallows."

Summertime?  I have yet to see much evidence of sunshine.  Lumpy porridge and back to the knitting it is then.  My summer reading has begun in earnest though, with Tender is the Night, so I can escape to Paris or the French Riviera in the 1920s whenever necessary.  What's on your reading list this summer?  Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...