Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Tuesday 7 February 2012

little miss literature


How adorable are these?

I recently came across the fabulous work of Alison Oliver (no relation!).  She's illustrated the Baby Lit series of books, written by Jennifer Adams; chew-proof counting books based on the classics.  In raptures I devoured a copy of Little Miss Austen Pride and Prejudice.  Forget toddlers, I want them!

They're very much number focussed, but the illustrations pull you into the world of the novels.  I quite like that the real stroytelling is left largely up to the reader. Just lovely, sugary but very much alive.


Pride and Prejudice and Romeo and Juliet are available now.  From March you'll be able to get tiny mitts on Alice in Wonderland and Jane Eyre too.

You can see more of Alison Oliver's work here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank-you for the comment sweets, I love the name of your blog!

    Lots of Love,
    Lily from Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...