Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Tuesday 14 December 2010

taking a cold Bath


It's chilly here, and looks a bit like this. Pretty yes, but several layers of knit are required in order to stay warm. I have bought an enormous pair of pink mittens.

On Sunday I headed to the American Museum again. Kat had been there to chronicle our almost visit a few weeks ago (an almost visit in that the grounds and the museum had been shut). We had fun gadding about in the orange leaves nonetheless. More of her lovely lovely photographs are here!




Anyway, this time I went to the museum for textiles research, and my visit happily coincided with their Christmas at Claverton - Homespun Holidays event. The building had been decorated with beautiful handmade goodies, including a flurry of woven Carolina snowflakes twisting silently in the stairwell. Staff and volunteers had spent about 400 hours crafting and decorating. I was amazed. Found a great tutorial for Carolina snowflakes here at extreme cards and papercrafting. They are sculptural and almost floral, so they'd be great any time of year. Think I'll give it a go over the Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...