Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Friday 9 February 2018

taking stock: February



The less said about January the better, right? Moving swiftly on, I thought a cheeky taking stock post would be a good way to catch up on 2018 happenings. Congrats if you make it all the way to the end of the list. Either way, I'd love to know what you're loving and making right now, so let me know!

Making: baby bootees, a new To Be Adorned headdress and something top secret. Oh, and an embroidery hoop that's very almost done. It's WIP central over here, as per. 
Cooking: not cooking exactly, but trying to be dilligent in prepping my overnight oats on school nights. 
Drinking: green tea, please. 
Reading: Turtles All the Way Down by John Green (aloud to Mr P) and Show Your Work by Austin Kleon.
Next read: Any recommendations? I've got a stack of unread EM Forster, so I might start on that. 
Wanting: to find jazzy workout leggings. 
Looking: cosy in my latest knit – an easy-peasy beanie stitched with coral-coloured Mrs Moon Plump and some leftover Drops Eskimo, knitted with this free hat pattern by Davina Choy.  
Wishing: my headphones worked – I'm really missing my walk-to-work podcast time. 
Enjoying: seeing the Little Hearts for Grace project coming together. 
Waiting: on the pictures from a couple of exciting To Be Adorned shoots! 
Liking: the latest Paramour songs. Who even am I? 
Loving: the brave, bright spring flowers popping up everywhere. 
Considering: pitching some feature ideas and flexing my writing muscles.
Buying: surprise Valentine's flowers for Mr P from The Blossom Parlour.
Watching: ALL of Friends now it's on Netflix, and also loving Grace and Frankie
Next watch: catching up with the Stitch in Time series on BBC iplayer.
Marvelling: at the fact that my body (and new shoes) carried me through a post-work 5k last night.
Needing: new tights. I think I wear them how other people wear jeans (I mean in frequency, not that I wear them instead of trousers!)
Questioning: the necessity of literally everything I buy being packaged in plastic. Grinds my gears!
Smelling: Lush's Sleepy body lotion and having to resist grabbing a spoon and tucking right in. 
Wearing: all the moisturiser ever. Winter is an ordeal for my skin, apparently. 
Following: @heysweetpea on Twitter for affirming, soul feeding solo biz goodness. 
Worrying: about literally everything. And then worrying about why I'm worrying. Anxiety much?
Noticing: more grey hairs, exclusively in my fringe.
Sorting: my sock drawer this weekend. There, I've said it so now I have to do it. 
Getting: back into running, yoga and actually going to the gym. Hope it sticks. 
Coveting: stuff from Friends – Phoebe's statement coats and Monica's bee cushion and face vase. 
Feeling: exciting about my upcoming Copenhagen gal pal adventure. 
Snacking: on everything in sight, or sliced apple and peanut butter if I'm being virtuous. 

As always, I'm playing along with Pip's Taking Stock series. Thanks to Sam for this pic!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, we have so much to and want to do, yeah? But at the same time so little time. I just got back into working out. My junk in the trunk, hips, and thighs are burning but finally ebbing as the IB is kickin' in. I've been going to beginning ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ ˂ᵒ͜͡ᵏᵎ⁾✩ yoga which feels good; I really like my teacher at this Park & Rec class. I plan to continue. And I love green tea. I'm trying matcha green tea for the first time and love it.

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...