Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Saturday 18 May 2013

home-town tourists



Hey, remember that glorious bank holiday weekend? Yeah, me too. Come back to us, sunshine! Where have you gone?

I was fortunate enough to have The Chap to myself for a whole, magical three days over the bank holiday. We made the most of it with a spot of home-town adventuring. I think it can be so easy to forget about all the cool stuff in your own town. I live in Bath.  It's a beautiful city, but when you're dashing to work or nipping out to get milk, sometimes you just stop looking. It's good to take time to do something new or a little bit touristy so you see the place you live in through different eyes. 

Spot the obligatory swan

Fancy Palladian bridge - every home should have one

We'd never been to Prior Park before and a gorgeous day seemed like the perfect time to go.  It was stunning! Pemberley, eat your heart out, right? It was such hot weather that we were a little tempted to 'do a Darcy' and leap into the lake. We managed to restrain ourselves. 


There was an ice house, a hidden grotto and fragrant wild garlic absolutely everywhere. Naturally we went straight home and made an epic carrot cake with cream cheese icing. There are no pictures - it didn't last that long!

So, when do we move in?

 Have you been somewhere cool, or done any home-town adventuring lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...