Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Wednesday 24 April 2013

kool enough


A couple of weeks ago Lizzie at work was moving desks and unearthed a Kool-Aid kit. We found some undyed skeins.  The upshot of it was that we dyed the yarn in the bathroom with the rather out of date and 'fragrant' Kool-Aid. Seriously, if it does this yarn, what does it do to your insides?  

And you know what? I kind of love the insane day-glo colours! Sweet, hyper-saturated bubblegum brights. The dyeing was actually super-quick and easy to do. No boiling and bubbling was required, although we did zap the yarn in the microwave to help set the colour. I found a fab tutorial for Kool-Aid dyeing here on Knitty.  Although Kool-Aid isn't really available here in the UK, you can totally get it online. Hooray!


Now the question is, what to make? The yarn seems to be some kind of silk blend, around about a 4ply weight. Maybe a pair of loud and extremely decadent socks? I've never made socks before, but I have just conquered knitting in the round (watch this space for more knit updates) so this could be the perfect opportunity. Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...