Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Sunday 1 November 2015

blog crush confessions




Do you ever stumble across a new blog and immediately become the heart eyes emoji? Pin all the things! Favourite all the things! Follow all the social media! Gah!

I've been thinking a bit about why I love reading blogs so much and have concluded that it's the unique combination of inspiration, learning and a feeling of creative community that you don't find in many other places. I'm a Pinner and Instagrammer for much the same reasons, but with blogging there's the space for so much more personality, honesty and sharing. My lunch break is often when I'll take a dip into my Bloglovin feed and, when visiting favourites, it's like having a quick catch up with friends. And I find the more time I spend reading blogs, the more inspired I feel to post things myself. Yes, blog envy is real - I'll keep on dreaming of a beautiful blog design and amazing photography skills for the time being - but it's what people have to say, through their own combination of words and pictures, that keeps me coming back for more and keeps me challenged and inspired to find my own voice and unique way of sharing. Just feeling all the bloggy feels right now.

And that heart eyes emoji thing been happening to me a lot recently. I read a whole ton of craft blogs on the regular, but have found myself falling hard for some brilliant fashiony blogs of late. Maybe I'm a just sucker for bright colours and quirky style. These are my latest favourites in no particular order. Prepare to freak.


She and Hem 


Bristol-based gal pals Jo and Victoria are big fans of hot air balloons, fabulous frocks and match-matchy dressing. Plus they pun like you wouldn't believe. I love their regular Double Thumbs Dresses feature and their Hem and Away posts when they're off having stylish adventures. Their playful attitude to style is infectious and they make me want to raid my wardrobe for all the colourful things!


A Clothes Horse


Impossibly stylish blogger Rebecca has an incredible head of red hair and some serious vintage vibes.  Her stunning photography, ladylike wardrobe and whimsical outlook keep me reading and feeling inspired to dress a bit more glam and do more than just wash my hair! She regularly shares her own style crushes and fun hair tutorials, which I love.   


Have you found any new favourites lately? This week I've also been finding joy in the thoughtfulness of silverpebble and the pastel gloriousness of Scathingly Brilliant.

Big thanks to Jo, Victoria and Rebecca for kindly providing such lovely images for this post! 😍

1 comment:

  1. These are some great blogs! Thank you so much for sharing :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...