Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Sunday 15 February 2015

Pass it on




It's amazing what a difference a small thing can make to your day. I'm a big believer in the power of small gestures and love in action, so obviously Meredith's #sheepishheartbomb is right up my street (read about it here). Did you spread some handmade love about this Valentine's? This is the third year I've joined in with the heart bomb. I made three crochet hearts and hung them on a park gate near our home. Voila! 




In a similar vein, I recently had a sweet tweet from Cydney from A Lush Life to let me know she'd nominated me for a Liebster blog award. Thank you Cydney! And while I don't usually do posts like this, it really brightened my day so I thought why not pay it forward and honour some blogs that I love? 

The great thing about the Liebster award is that it celebrates blogs with a small readership. I'm all about that life. Here are the rules:


Thank the person who nominated you
Answer the questions from your nominator
Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
Create 11 new questions
Notify your nominees through social media/their blogs


These are the questions Cydney set for me:


Why did you start blogging?
I was really enjoying reading other people's blogs and thought I could give it a go. 

Do you prefer sweet or savoury food?
Both! Sweet, if I had to choose. 

What's your favourite smell?
Ooh, there are a few. Old books, freesias, new-mown lawns, the ocean, suncream, coconut, roses. 

Do you have any other hobbies besides blogging?
Umm, knitting, crochet, reading.

What's your dream job?
I love my job, but I'd love to make pretty things for weddings, too. 

What's your favourite movie?
Amelie, Stranger Than Fiction, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Ferris Bueller's Day Off 

Do you believe in love at first sight?
No,

Baths or Showers?
Baths all the way. 

Where do you see yourself in 1 year(s time)?
I don't like to look that far ahead, but I know I'll be in Bristol. 

What would you do first if you won the lottery?
What my mum always suggests: spend a third, save a third and give a third away. 


I hereby nominate the following fabulous bloggers
Jenny from Pretty Column
Cory from Indie Knits
Ellen from A Pile of Sheep
Hannah from Granny Square Flair
Chiaki of Chiaki Creates
Caitlin of Caketin Does
Sarah of Not Found


And my new questions are:

1. If you could live anywhere in the world for one year, where would you live?

2. Three handbag/project bag essentials?

3. What's your favourite word?

4. What sound does your alarm clock make? 

5. What book do you always recommend to people? 

6. Monocle or eyepatch?

7. What's in your coat pocket?

8. Strangest place you've ever slept?

9. What's the oldest item in your wardrobe?

10. What's that one song that always makes you feel better?

11. Best/worst guilty pleasure song on your ipod?





2 comments:

  1. I love the gorgeous yarn bombing idea - definitely the definition of splendid :) they look so wonderful and I bet they made people smile :) and thank you for the nomination! jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very cute! Very sweet idea :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...