Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Hello 2015




2015 has fallen, clean like a fresh covering of snow or a swimming pool before the first dip of the first toe. The start of a new year is a good time to take stock of the last. 2014, you're worth remembering. 

Firsts: anniversary, swing dance class, shawl, mittens, package holiday, supergroup gig, commute, sailing class, migraine, using airplane bathroom, run on the beach, interview, punt, eye test, dry cleaning, moussaka, sleepwalking, liking Taylor Swift, emergency passport.

There were weddings, baptisms, prayers, a funeral, job changes, laughter, sadness, silly dancing, sage cupcakes, train journeys, tears, new adventures, old routines, bad habits, favourite books, no haircuts and an unspeakable amount of peppermint tea. My highlights were celebrating a first anniversary with Mr P, exploring new places with my best girlies and feeding a baby alpaca. 

I've had a look back at what I wrote this time last year and it seems I did in fact meet a couple of my goals for 2014. I did start running again and I did crochet a blanket (it just needs joining. That still totally counts, right?). I'm still working on becoming a morning person. This year I want to pray harder, love deeper, be grateful, be kinder to my body, knit a pair of socks and write something that means something. That's enough to be getting on with, isn't it? 


Do you have goals for 2015? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...