Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Hobbycrafts haul

Made from paper. I know.

Last week I went along to the Hobbycrafts show at Birmingham's NEC - my first time in Brum! Although I didn't actually leave the gargantuan, airport terminal-esque surroundings of the NEC, so I guess I've still not really been in Brum.  
Anyhow, I helped out with a crochet workshop, had a good wander about and took some appalling pictures on my ipod. Wanna see?

Crochetdermy at Toft




The 'yarn dive' at Black Sheep Wools. I didn't brave it,
but I saw lots of brave people delving for bargains. 


So what did I buy? A very modest haul, I think. I snapped up some baker's twine and pretty washi tape for Christmas wrapping, and of course some yarn. Recently I've fallen head over heels for Louisa Harding's delicious Grace - silky soft and amazing stitch definition. I spotted some bargain skeins of Grace Hand-dyed. Mine mine mine! I think I could make a really yummy little textured cowl. On the lookout for a pattern now. 

Did you go to the show? Did you sniff out any treasures?

1 comment:

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...