Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Tuesday 24 January 2012

the power of glove


Ventured to the Fashion Museum again last week, all in the name of research.  It paid off too.  I came across these stunning 17th Century gloves.  These richly embellished beauties were worn only for portraits or visits to court.  As a girl who's now on her fourth pair of  gloves this winter, I was glad they were safely behind glass.  Imagine losing one of those!

I drew for quite a while before scampering off for coffee.  The plan is to get a fresh sketchbook and head back there.  So much to be drawn.  In the meantime, here are my scribbles. 

What's made you grab a pen this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...