Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Icon of Knit: Holly Golightly


I'm an out and out Audrey fangirl, there's no denying it.  I don't need an excuse to harp on about her, but seeing as this year is the 50th anniversary of Breakfast At Tiffany's, I thought it approriate to recognise Ms Golightly as an Icon of Knit. 


There's a great knit scene late on in the film; Holly is well on her way to "buying some furniture and giving the cat a name" and decides to take up knitting.  Her bare little apartment is strewn with red yarn, though she's concerned she may have got her pattern mixed up with blueprints for Jose's ranch - always a concern for first time knitters.  Fabulous. 

What I want to know is, where do you hot foot it to, pastry in hand, when the mean reds strike?  There isn't a Tiffany's where I live, so I go here.  Where is your Tiffany's?



P.s. If you haven't read the novel, find it, read it.  Capote is an absolute dude. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to find another Audrey lover :) I'm loving your blog! Consider me your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...