Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Friday 30 September 2011

Oxford, Origin and not many photos of either

I like to think this is where Londoners go to swap a pound of bananas for a nice bit of alpaca yarn

Aw, poor blog's looking all neglected.  My apologies, blogland, I've been away.  Last week I went and met the sis in Oxford.  She ran the half marathon!  Sadly we weren't there long so we didn't get to do any Oxfordy things, but I would love to go back.  It's such a beautiful city; spires, the canal, and the most bicycles you'll see outside the Tour de France.  

the happiest postbox in the known universe


After that we headed to London.  It was high time I visited the sis' home turf, and I managed to get some research done too.  Nipped into the V&A to see this and went to Origin (more on this another time), which was incredible. 

Ah, siblings.  Such a lovely week.  My highlights were seeing sis finishing the race, seeing those Mcqueen Armadillo shoes, and the two of us attempting yoga in our PJs.  And I loved doing things you can only do in London; checking out vintage shops in Brick Lane, spotting Vivienne Westwood in Spitalfields*, and running for the last tube after late night frozen yogurt!

knitting a dinky Where's Wally smoothie hat on my FOUR HOUR coach journey home
Spotted - Noah's wife knitting "scarves for the lads" in The Globe Mysteries at Shakespeare's Globe.

* Yes, this actually happened.  After Origin me and the sis went to Patisserie Valerie (where I consumed a custard doughnut roughly the size of my own head) and who should wander past but the fashion queen herself, Vivienne (bow, curtsey).  She was all swathed in black with pink tights and red boots, and of course, red lipstick.  This made my day!

What adventures have you had this week?

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely week!! And I love your shoes so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some adventures like this! But alas, I'm in boring ol' America:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh that post box is so funny

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...