Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Wednesday 5 January 2011

resolute


A new year. So far so good. New shoes, new knitting, and with any luck a new work ethic. Maybe. Although technically the new knitting is leftover Christmas knitting. It's a moss stitch beret, or at least one day it might be. My sister cast on and knitted the first row (I'm so proud!), then wrapped it and put it under the tree for me. Sometimes the most difficult bit is making yourself start something, so it was a cool gift.

It's been a nice break; eating and sleeping like a normal human being, seeing friends and the fam. I've been happily reunited with the granny bag* that I left here last term, and I found my old Brownie culottes in a drawer. They are actually quite genius, in a kind of functional, khaki, not quite vintage way. Bring on springtime!

However, all the dallying holiday jollity means I'm now getting busy with crochet, glitter, lace and chain. And writing all sorts of nonsense about socks. Looming deadlines can do that to a girl.

*Granny bag - a 'it's so hideous it's actually quite nice' bring and buy sale find. Navy faux leather. With bells. What's not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...